About Operation of Planned Blackouts
In principle, we intend to maintain a "zero blackout" policy. Nevertheless, we have organized a new set of contingency operations in case of, for example, an earthquake during a heat wave and then subsequent damage to a thermal power station. The contingency operations are described here.
- Time periods for planned blackouts
For about two hours between 9:30 and 20:00, as set out below. Each group will be subject to a blackout once per day.
( Time periods for planned blackouts )(1) 9:30 - 12:00 (2) 11:30 - 14:00 (3) 13:30 - 16:00
(4) 15:30 - 18:00 (5) 17:30 - 20:00
- Groups and areaTo allow greater flexibility in controlling power use, the previous 8 groups have now been replaced by 30 smaller groups.
- Operating method and blackout areasWe have set up a schedule whereby 6 groups are assigned to 1 blackout period. We will systematically operate the blackouts by combining some groups according to the supply-demand situation.
- Information for our customersWe have set up a system on our homepage that enable our customers to check the group to which they belong by using either their contract number or address.
Besides sending out a notification by e-mail, we will inform our customers of whether the planned blackouts will be implemented if their e-mail addresses are registered in advance.
Moreover, in addition to setting up a Call Center that will handle inquires regarding groups and scheduled blackout dates for each groups, we also have posted a schedule of planned blackouts on our homepage in case we have no choice but to implement planned blackouts.
- Operation starting dateThis oparation started on 25th July(Monday),2011.